Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hey, it's Britney, y'all!!!!

Grad school has eaten my life. I was drinking tons of Diet Coke a day, so I quit and switched to tea. I realized soon later that Monster Rehab was the love of my life. Lemonade + Tea + ENERGY!!!! I decided to overload classes in an accelerated semester, so Monster Rehab has become my new habit. Today I walked into 7/11 to keep up with my habit (and my ethics paper). I walked up to the register with my hair a mess, makeup all over my face, wearing a kids size tshirt that says "Elk Grove Park District Preschool" on it with 2 cans of greatness. The following conversation took place.

Cashier: Tired?
Me: No. I have a lot of papers to write.
Cashier: What kind of paper?
Me: Tonight it's counseling ethics.
Cashier: There was a person in here earlier needing to write an ethics paper. How long does it have to be?
Me: Well, my friend's is 33 pages so far and she's not done...
Cashier: So what other papers?
Me: Community psych, theory papers...
Cashier: So how long will all of this be?
Me: In total? Like 60 pages?
Cashier: Well let me know how it goes!

...Why would I do that?

1 comment:

  1. And that's why I don't make small talk with customers....

    ReplyDelete